- This event has passed.
Certified Bourbon Steward training
August 28, 2021 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Ready to take your bourbon knowledge to the next level?
Join our upcoming class to become a bona fide, Certified Bourbon Steward through the Stave & Thief Society. This program speaks to bourbon and whiskey lovers from ALL walks of life! The in-depth instruction informs your bourbon journey, providing the education you need to justify your habit! You’ll be able to discuss America’s Native Spirit both confidently and accurately after this comprehensive three-hour course, enhancing your ability to make educated recommendations for individual tastes and preferences.
Cary Ann Fuller, Executive Bourbon Steward, Certified Specialist of Spirits, and all-around whiskey mystic, will guide you through the history, culture, and science of turning a pile of grains into the amber elixir we all love. You’ll learn:
- What makes a bourbon a bourbon, and how it is different from other whiskies.
- What the different descriptors of bourbon mean
- The science behind distilling and aging
- Flight building of 3 bourbons demonstrating the relationship among the products, describing their characteristics and nuances with nosing and tasting notes.
- Bourbon history, including Kentucky’s role in its creation and how Tennessee whiskey stands apart.
Book your seat through Pennington Distilling Co. Cost includes welcome cocktail, instruction, class materials, text book, production tour, sensory tasting, test code, and a good time!