Stave & Thief Society Certified Bourbon Steward
Do you have the bourbon bug? Want to become a member of the Stave & Thief Society?
Learn to discuss, taste, and recommend America’s Native Spirit in this informative and interactive class. Completing a hands-on, 3 hour training will prepare you to wow your customers, colleagues, friends, and family with your in-depth knowledge of:
- What makes a bourbon a bourbon, and how it is different from other whiskies.
- What the different descriptors of bourbon mean
- The science behind distilling and aging
- Kentucky’s heritage brands and which distilleries produce them.
- Flight building- you’ll create a virtual flight of 3 bourbons, demonstrating the relationship among the products, describing their characteristics and nuances with nosing and tasting notes.
- Bourbon history, including Kentucky’s role in its creation and how Tennessee whiskey stands apart.
Each participant receives a copy of the Certified Bourbon Steward handbook that includes an online access code for your final exam. Take the test when you’re ready, and when you pass you’ll receive your Stave & Thief Certified Bourbon Steward lapel pin (AKA badge of honor and conversation starter)!
Stewards will receive 10% off at Moonshine University‘s full day Executive Bourbon Steward training program. As a Certified Bourbon Steward you also receive periodic invites and special offers for bourbon related events.