It’s Bourbon Heritage Month and we’re here for it with the 30 Days of Bourbon challenge. Our friends at Bourbon & Banter teamed up with multiple distilleries to keep you motivated with the chance to win prizes as you sip your way through September. 30 days. 30 bourbons. Prizes. September is an opportunity to flex your palate and expand your repertoire.
Here’s the plan:
- You sip on a different bourbon every day in September.
- No repeats allowed during the month.
- All participants must sip 30 distinctly different bourbons; different proof versions of the same bourbon don’t count.
- No rye, Scotch or American malt count for your daily sips.
- Enter the challenge by clicking here.
What you can win:
- Prizes from Four Roses Bourbon, Maker’s Mark, Buffalo Trace, Wyoming Whiskey, Nelson Greenbrier Distillery, Heaven Hill Distillery, Woodford Reserve, Chattanooga Whiskey, New Riff, and more.
- Wild Turkey will award one lucky winner a bottle of its new Master’s Keep Cornerstone Rye and a special edition ceramic decanter.
- Breckenridge Distillery is kicking in a custom snowboard for your avant le whiskey.
Need more information about boozing your way through Bourbon Heritage Month? Visit 30daysofbourbon.com for a customizable tracking calendar and graphic overlays for social media photos (geek level 11). Share your sipping progress with the hashtags #30DaysOfBourbon, #StraightUpBHM, #DrinkCurious and #BHM19 on your Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook photos.
On August 2, 2007, the U.S. Senate declared September National Bourbon Heritage Month. Kentucky Republican Senator Jim Bunning sponsored the bill and it passed by unanimous consent. That designation also reinforced a 1964 Act of Congress declaring bourbon “America’s Native Spirit” by celebrating the family heritage, tradition and deep-rooted legacy that the bourbon industry contributes to the United States.
About Bourbon & Banter
Bourbon & Banter was founded in 2011 with one simple goal – to spread the Bourbon Gospel. And for the past several years we’ve had a hell of a time doing it. Through our shared love of America’s native spirit, we’ve met new people, swapped stories and even starred in few of our own. With a colorful cast of characters – from professional palates and cocktail connoisseurs to casual drinkers and bottom-shelf dwellers – our opinions may be varied but our mission singular: to help you drink curious. Please, pull up a chair and let the banter begin. Visit http://www.bourbonbanter.com for more information.